Best cat scarers to keep your garden clear (November 2020 Updated Review)
If you’re here looking for the best cat scarer, like me, you have had the inevitable problem of pets intruding into your garden, doing their business and it’s just not all that pleasant. Luckily there are many different cat scarer’s on the market that cause no harm at all to your neighbours pets but ensure your garden is left well alone.
Here is my review of the best cat scarers for your garden
1. Set of 2 PestBye Ultrasonic Battery Operated Motion Activated Cat Repellent
- A humane way to keep not only cats but other annoying pests out of your garden.
- This sensor releases a sound, at a frequency too high to be heard by humans, that is both scary and annoying for a cat.
- The frequency can be increased or lowered based on the animal that you want to get rid of. There are 8 different settings, 3-5 is for cats.
- There is a ground stake attached to the sensor, which can be pushed into the ground, otherwise, the sensor can also be screwed to the fence.
- This sensor covers a diameter of about 10m.
- There is a motion sensor which detects the presence of a warm body.
- Requires 4 AA batteries, these can last for a good 2-3 months.
- It can take from 7 days to a month to get rid of the pests completely.
- The sensor can be turned off by bringing down the frequency completely.
2. Pest XT Jet Spray Battery Operated Motion Sensor Activated Cat and Fox Scarer & Repellent - Animal/Wildlife Repeller, Deters Garden Pests, Connects to Garden Hose (Double Pack)
- Gives a spray of water when cats enter the area.
- The repeller detects the presence of warm bodies.
- It covers a 120 degree arc, and an area of 10m.
- The spray lasts for about 5 seconds, enough to send the cat away.
- The repeller resets after every burst of water.
- It is important to remember to turn off the device when you are using the garden, as you may get sprayed as well.
- Operates on 4 AA batteries, otherwise, it is completely wireless.
- The battery life is long enough to work for months.
- Customers claim that these get rid of the annoying pests for good.
- Comes with a return policy if the repeller does not show results in 60 days.
- It generally takes somewhere between 7 days to a month to completely scare the cats.
- Totally safe for cats unlike mole traps or mouse traps!
3. Selections GFA805 Solar Powered Battery Operated Ultrasonic Cat Repeller (Batteries Included)
- Emits an ultrasonic sound that is annoying to cats but does not bother any other animals or humans.
- Can be adjusted for sensitivity sensor.
- Can be installed on the ground or be hung somewhere.
- It is weatherproof and can withstand all conditions.
- Comes with 3 AA batteries that can be recharged.
- It also has a USB cable and solar charging unit, thus increasing the battery life.
- Has a diameter of 7m.
- Recharging with the USB cable happens very quickly.
- The body is made of plastic and aluminium.
4. Pest Control Patrol Solar Ultrasonic Outdoor Home Guard Electronic Cat Repellent Deterrent Pest & Animal Scarer Instantly Safely Drive Away Every Dog Deer & Rabbit Motion Trigger Detection 30 Foot
- Built from advanced, hard polymers and has a tank like design that will not melt or rust under bad weather conditions, it also stands undaunting when attacked by animal teeth.
- Has a flashing light and an ultrasonic sound that drives away the cats.
- It is solar powered, and also has a USB charging option.
- It is just required to stick the repeller into the ground and turn it on, this is all that is needed to make it work.
- Has a 180 degree sensor view, so whenever there is a pest in a 30 feet diameter anywhere, the sensor goes off.
- Has 7 sensitivity settings for different frequencies.
- Only takes a few days for it to show the results completely.
5. Pestbye® Jet Spray Battery Operated Motion Activated Cat Scarer & Repellent – Animal Repeller
- Fires a 5 second spray and then automatically resets itself.
- Must be connected to a garden hose.
- The height of the spray can be adjusted manually.
- The spread of the spray can also be adjusted.
- There are no leaks, so no water is wasted.
- The repeller goes off when it detects a warm body, this can also happen when the sun comes out or when you cross the area around it.
- Therefore it is best to turn the hose off when the repeller isn’t in use.
- Covers an area of about 10m.
- Does not make any noise, so it doesn’t bother anyone except the cats.
6. Solar Cat Repellent,OUTERDO Ultrasonic IP67 Waterproof Animal Repeller Garden Flashing Light pest repeller,Motion Sensor and Rechargeable-USB/Solar Battery Pet Deterrent for Yard/Lawn/Garden/Farm
- Has 5 different frequencies which the repeller operates on.
- Has 12 LED lights that cover an area of 1600 square meters.
- The device is waterproof, so it can be left out.
- Has a lithium battery and solar panels that increase the running time of the repeller compared to other similar devices.
- Has a long stand, this increased length also increases the area which is covered by the repellent.
- Is very effective and shows results within a few days.
- Can also be charged with a USB cable if required.
7. Volador Cat Repellent, Animal Repeller, Ultrasonic Solar Battery Powered Waterproof Garden Pet Deterrent With Motion Sensor and Flashing Light for Cats, Dogs, Bird, Squirrels, Moles, Rats.
- This is a humane way to get rid of annoying animals that litter your garden or lawn.
- Comes with 3 AA batteries that can be recharged with solar panels on top of the detector, otherwise, it also has a USB charger.
- Emits an ultrasonic sound, this may be audible to young people and children so it is recommended to keep it away from their reach.
- The installation process is extremely easy, it only needs to be pushed into the ground or hung somewhere where the animals generally come.
- It is waterproof, so repellent can be left out in all weather conditions.
- It has a strong flash, that annoys animals and drives them away at night.
- There are five different frequencies that can be used to drive away different animals.
- It is important to keep a check on the batteries when the lights start flashing red, recharging is required.
- Has a range of 110 degrees and covers a span of 8m, the angle can be lowered to 55 degrees.
I hope you enjoyed our review of the best cat scarers and if you feel we missed any or you have other suggestions for the best cat scarers than please feel free to drop us a message so that we can look at them again!