Tree Pruners to make light work of a tough job (November 2020 Updated Review)
Unlike long reach hedge trimmers, manual tree pruners offer far more control and at a considerably reduced cost if you’re willing to put in a little elbow grease. the best tree pruners feel sturdy in the hand, the complete opposite to flimsy, poorly made pruning equipment. They should be balanced and provide good leverage in the hand so even the thickest shrub is easy to cut. When a pruning saw doesn’t give you the reach, a tree pruner is absolutely ideal. We also included a couple of motorised tree pruners just in case you change your mind on the elbow grease!
So here are the best tree pruners reviewed
1. SPEAR & JACKSON 4930FZ/03 RAZORSHARP TELESCOPIC TREE PRUNER
- The Draper Expert has been constructed keeping in mind the skilled gardeners, landscapers and the average gardener.
- The pole is made of aluminium, meaning it is very powerful yet very light weight.
- The handle grip is heavy duty. This has a locking mechanism of 4 positions which means it can be expanded from 1.5 meters to 2.5 meters.
- The detachable curved saw blade has a length of 355 mm and so the thicker branches can be cut easily.
- Telescopic tree pruner with SK5 carbon steel blade stays sharp for longer
- Variable length of the telescopic handle is 234 cm long.
- For cutting the branches up to 32 mm lopper is used.
- Larger branches are cut with 33cm/13inch saw.
- Grow your own great British growing 2018 award winners
- The upper blade made from K5 carbon steel stays sharp for longer time.
- Variable length telescopic handle extends up to 2340mm (92″)
2. SILVERLINE 245077 EXTENDABLE PRUNING SAW 1.5-2.5 M
- The tri-cut blade makes it a heavy duty pruning saw.
- The pole ranges from 1.5 to 2.5 m, which is useful for elevated branches.
- For additional safety, the pole segments lock in location.
- For easier branch cutting, the durable triple floor blade is formed.
- The Silverline tree pruner is one of the most affordable models with long-lasting, triple-ground blade cuts on forward and reverse stroke cleanly and has a long blade length of 470 mm.
- At an incredible value for money at less than £ 30, the pruning is very sharp and, although it may feel mildly heavy when fully stretched, it is amazingly light.
- Silverline is subject to rigorous testing and provides instruments that meet the recent quality and security requirements.
- For easy pruning with minimal effort on top of the head.
- Blade width: 470 mm
- Sustainable, triple-ground blade cuts cleanly on front and reverse stroke
- Secure, lockable pole segments range from 1500 to 2500 mm Working from the floor without platforms and ladders Soft-grip handle enables lengthy periods of comfortable use.
3. FISKARS POWERGEAR X TELESCOPIC TREE PRUNER UPX86
Fiskars is the world-renowned gardening tool manufacturer so we couldn’t but placed their extendable pruner stick on our list. This pruning stick combines traditional design, prevalent to all pruners, with creative techniques.
A telescopic handle reaches high altitude branches.
On the end of the handle, there is an internal cable pull system that gives optimum power transmission and easy cutting during long-term job.
It has a telescopic aluminium rod that can be extended between 7.9 and 14 feet, so that you can readily achieve the largest branches without standing on the ladder.
The cutting head is rotatable in all directions around 230 degrees at distinct angles, making this pruning stick unique over many other instruments.
- Ideal for chopping off high branches without the need to climb a ladder.
- 3X more cutting threshold because of the chain drive mechanism.
- Oval-shaped pole helps reduce flex.
- Helps control direction of cut.
- The shape of the pruner fits the shape of the hand for better comfort.
- It enables you to stand on the floor securely and adjust the telescopic pole up to 15 feet above you to achieve the branch height.
- Even a 7.5-inch thick branch can be handled by the 6.5 Amp engine. By pushing a button, the electrically powered chain saw can be easily powered up and leaves no smoke or damaging fumes.
- The Sun Joe SWJ802E is extremely lightweight and simple to manage at just 7.9 lbs.
- Stand securely on strong ground and stretch your telescopic pole to achieve a height of up to 15 feet.
- The SWJ802E can manage the most rigid tree branches up to 7.5 inches thick, powered by a 6.5-amp engine.
- This pole chain saw features an Oregon bar and chain of 8 inches with an auto-oiler to maintain the bar and chain completely lubricated during use.
- Ideal for cutting overhanging limbs and thin logs.
- Powerful 6.5-amp engine cutting branches up to 7.5-inch thick.
- 8-inch Oregon cutting bar and chain with automatic lubrication.
- The telescopic pole expands to 9.4 ft, with an overhead reach of up to 15 ft.
- Multi-position head cutting angles from 0 degree to 30 degrees.
5. BOSCH AMW SG POLE PRUNER ATTACHMENT
- Pole pruner is designed with a compact chain for excellent overhead cutting. Also accessible are heavy duty trimmer and pole hedge cutter fittings.
- Switch easily and effortlessly between attachments heads – no tools needed.
- Powerful 1000 W motor unit provides exceptional cutting efficiency (not provided with AMW 10 motor unit).
- It is sufficiently filled for good pruning of the tree and can even cut the tiny branches.
- The blade has teeth which are angled in four distinct ways, making cutting hard branches very simple and effective.
- Can be used for cutting knots or nodes.
- The handle has a rubber material coating to make it comfortable to hold.
- If you are looking for an efficient yet basic small pole saw, then the BOSCH AMW
- SG pole pruner attachment is one among the best tree pruners available in the market.
- Some of the features include –
- Compact blade with a cutting length of 26 cm for overhead cutting of quick 12 m/s.
- Automatic oiling scheme which prevents the dry pole pruner.
- Hook for easy, space-saving storage
- Motor unit and other attachments available
I hope you enjoyed our review of the best tree pruners, you might also find some garden loppers useful in conjunction with these tree pruners. I’ve you think we’ve missed any vital tree pruners out please do not hesitate to contact us and we will gladly update the article accordingly.